Sunday, October 3, 2010

using the word "hubby" or "wifey"

I am really annoyed right now. I absolutely HATE it when I see people on facebook set their status as "married" when they aren't married. Or when they call their boyfriend/girlfriend or fiance hubby/wifey.

For one thing, it's really confusing. If you aren't actually married, then you shouldn't be going around saying you "are" in that sense. I mean, someone in particular I know isn't getting married for another 7 months and they already have their facebook saying they're married.

Another thing, it completely detracts from the value of an actually married couple's title. We're able to call eachother husband and wife because we stood there and took our vows... but those people that haven't and are running around acting like they are already married just get under my skin.

They need to stop acting like they're above the wedding vows and earn the right to use those titles. I called Mike my fiance the ENTIRE time we were engaged. And I almost called him my fiance for a few weeks after we were married lol. The husband title had some getting used to in it.

I know I'm moody but when I noticed that changed relationship status on facebook, I just got annoyed.

♥ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment