Saturday, September 25, 2010

Relationship Problems.

Before anyone jumps to any conclusions, Mike and I are doing just fine. No problems there.

What this blog is about is OTHER people. I've noticed most of the people around my age that have gotten married are having HUGE issues with their marriages. Most of them are separating or getting a divorce. Some of them even have kids involved.

Seeing this makes me feel terrible for them. I try to be supportive and tell them to keep their chin up, but why would they want to hear from me? I'm happy. My marriage is working. I'm not trying to throw a pity party for them, I'm just trying to tell them that I'm here for them... and my heart goes out to them.

I think what really gets me is as soon as I pile on sympathy for 1 person's failed relationship, someone else starts having problems. It's like a never ending cycle of unhappiness around my friends.

Watching their marriage in peril makes me realize how incredibly lucky I am. I couldn't be happier with my husband. Well, ok, I'll admit that he has his moments but absolutely nothing bad enough for me to leave. We work through our issues and I know I'm lucky to have someone willing to work through things with me instead of just throwing in the towel when the going gets rough.

I love my husband. ♥


♥Kim

1 comment: